Sailing in Greece
Welcome to Sunny Sailing, the guarantee for a sailing holiday of your dreams. Beautiful surroundings, always good weather and a great sailboat. Nothing stands in the way of a complete holiday feeling! On this page you will find more information about sailing in Greece with Sunny Sailing.
Sailing in Greece: Sivota as starting point
Our home base in Sivota is the starting point for your sailing holiday. This beautiful bay offers a safe haven for our fleet and along the marina of Sivota are a number of lovely fish tavernas and restaurants. Our jetty is managed by Theo, the owner of the 12 Gods restaurant. 12 Gods is where we hold our briefings and joint dinners. To get to Sivota you can fly into the Preveza airport; then a 55 minute drive (by rental car or taxi) and you are in the cozy fishing village, our home base.
Sailing in the Greek sea: where do we sail?
The Ionian Sea is our sailing area which is located on the west side of Greece. Sunny Sailing offers the option of sailing for either 1 or 2 weeks. In principle, our crew sails standard routes, however the routes could change due to weather conditions or possible crowding of the marinas. Have a look at our 1 and 2 week itineraries in Greece here.
Sunny Sailing’s Fleet
We have Bavaria’s 31 to 45 available in our own fleet. All the skippers are Dutch and English speaking and have years of experience sailing in Greece. As owners and managers of the fleet, we are on site throughout the season and are the point of contact with regards to the quality of the fleet. In addition to our fleet, we can rent other types of yachts, for example larger yachts with more than 3 cabins. We rent these yachts mostly in the Nidri and Lefkas marinas.
The different ways of sailing in Greece:
- Flotilla sailing: if you want / need support with things like mooring or you just enjoy the company of a group.
- Renting a sailboat and sailing independently: bareboat on Greek waters.
- Not yet a sailor? Rent a sailboat with skipper or instructor.
- Want a sailing holiday without having to skipper the boat? Then sail with us on the lead boat (for families, single parent families, singles, friends, couples, etc.).
- Sailing with children?You can experience a fantastic sailing holiday with children.
Interested in sailing in Greece with Sunny Sailing? Contact us directly via this link.